LEAD, MOTIVATE, ENGAGE BOOK
Ignite Your Team Through Positive Communication and Meaningful Work
Ideas for how leaders can motivate and energize their teams through the creation of an inspiring vision, appreciative communication and the provision of work that is meaningful and aligned both with the organization’s mission and the employee’s values.
Nurture your People
Suggestions for enhancing retention and engagement by championing the personal growth and career development of your team members. The three roles of coach/facilitator, career driver and the organizational support system are addressed.
Leverage Employee Strengths to Optimize Performance
Are you optimizing the strengths of your employees and your team/s? It’s a win-win situation when your direct report’s strengths are expanded and used to achieve the individual’s, department’s and organization’s goals.
Use Performance Management to Engage Employees
Effective and collaborative goal-setting is at the heart of a successful team. Ensure you foster a culture of universal accountability and focus on future-based, developmental coaching.
Do your team members feel involved, valued and fully integrated into the organization? To create trusting relationships with your employees, it is imperative that you are fair, respectful and genuine. Four key, inclusive leadership behaviors are discussed.
Relate with Authenticity and Emotional Intelligence
Are you authentic and do you have strong, positive relationships with your employees? This chapter covers the steps in effective relationship management, the components of emotional intelligence and criteria for authentic leadership.
Empower Your Team to Succeed
How do you ensure that your team members are ready, willing and able to be empowered? This chapter describes three important empowering manager behaviors and explains how to align empowerment strategies with cultural values and the distinctive work context.
Both epically practical and grounded in foundational leadership theory, Lead, Motivate, Engage has provided me with key insights to immediately implement into my talent management practices.
GET YOUR BOOK NOW!
This book offers insights, practical tips, and tools that I can use with my team and leaders I consult with to inspire them to help their teams win. I enjoyed the depth of information the book offers as it helps you really understand the concepts and provides real world examples that you can draw from to apply this to your work everyday. I found the self assessments valuable to identify where I am and where I need to focus on to be successful. This is a great read and definitely a book I will continue to pick up and refer to.
Dr. Patricia “Denise” Lopez
Patricia “Denise” Lopez is Professor of Organizational Psychology at Alliant International University where she teaches and conducts research in leadership, work motivation and productivity, team effectiveness, and organizational change management. Denise considers it her mission to develop great leaders and build workplaces to which people can bring their best and most enthusiastic selves. Over the last 25 years, she has taught, trained, coached and consulted with diverse managers, teams and organizations in the United States and Asia-Pacific.
Denise holds Masters and PhD degrees in Organizational Psychology from Columbia University Teachers College. She also has a coaching credential from the International Coaching Federation. She is a founding partner of Global Thought Partners, an organizational consulting and advisory firm.
As an organizational consultant, she is known for her strategic perspective, analytic thinking, and ability to facilitate engaging and productive sessions that bring together diverse groups of employees. As a leadership coach and trainer, her unique strength is her ability to deliver engaging discussions and design creative learning opportunities that expand managerial thinking, deepen personal awareness and growth, and identify concrete opportunities and solutions for personal and organizational success.
Some of her coaching and consulting highlights include:
- Directed global employee engagement surveys for organizations representing diverse sectors (including manufacturing, pharmaceutical, financial services, government and non-profit organizations). Provided feedback and coaching to leaders at all levels.
- Developed Coaching Skills for Leaders course at the MBA and DBA levels
- Provided executive coaching to professionals and managers (front-line supervisors, middle and senior managers, and executives) across multiple sectors over the last 5 years.
- Facilitated strategic planning sessions for senior leaders of for-profit and non-profit organizations to define organizational visions and core values, strategic priorities, and operational plans.
- Developed and delivered executive education and training workshops in the US and Asia-Pacific. Topics include: Employee Engagement, Leadership, Self-Awareness for Personal Change, Critical Thinking, Problem-Solving, Diversity Training and Multicultural Team Building, Empowering People for Innovation and Change and Change Management,
- Incorporated personal assessments in training and coaching (e.g. DISC, MBTI and Firo-B).
- Research and analytical capabilities to consult, design and conduct quantitative and qualitative research to support leadership and organization development (e.g., turnover/exit, training needs analysis, program evaluation, employee engagement, multicultural competence, change readiness).
Denise has authored several publications on leadership, employee engagement, and diversity and globalization issues. In addition to co-authoring the book, “Lead, Motivate, Engage: How to INSPIRE your team to win at work” (with Dr. Pearl Hilliard), she has written book chapters and journal articles on: retention and career development of women and minorities in STEM professions; developing culturally competent employees; authentic leadership; inclusion and engagement; power and innovative cultures. She has presented in national and local conferences such as the Society for Industrial-Organizational Psychology, Academy of Management, Best Companies for Multicultural Women, and the National Asian American MBA Association.
She is currently based in Southern California, and is comfortable with both in-person and virtual work.